Demand Studios just announced that all Ehow.com articles must now be written through their site. This means dealing with DS editors and the laborious editing guidelines which means proving everything you write .... never mind if you are an expert in the field. Sigh.
Anyhow. I don't see myself jumping through those hoops to write an ehow article.
Below is the email I received
Today, we are announcing that Demand Studios is now the exclusive platform for writing new articles for eHow.com. This change will not impact any of your existing articles or payments currently affiliated with the Writer Compensation Program (WCP). Demand Studios gives eHow.com’s writers a more robust publishing platform, including copy editors, quality assurance and a number of great, new resources for the writer community. We are committed to providing a quality experience and are excited for you to continue writing.
How does this impact you?
You are currently a Demand Studios writer. Therefore, you can continue writing for eHow.com through the Demand Studios publishing platform, same as before. We have appreciated your contributions to date and are looking forward to seeing more of your great work on the site.
What are the benefits?
At Demand Studios, you can suggest your own titles and write articles that pay on a monthly residual basis, just as you have done with the WCP. In addition, you can still select assignments that pay upfront, offering you the flexibility to choose the articles you write and how you get paid.
If you haven’t checked out Demand Studios in a while, here are some key features you may not be aware of:
- There are now over 150,000 paid assignments available to write
- Payday is twice a week for flat-fee articles, on Tuesdays and Fridays. Earnings for revenue share articles are paid out monthly
- Improved ‘Find Assignments’ technology make searching easier
- Enhanced community and training tools
- Please complete any new articles that you are drafting on eHow.com within the next seven days. You will not be able to publish via eHow.com’s publishing tools after 12:00 AM (PDT) on April 13, 2010.
- Visit Demand Studios and log in with your email address and password.
- For additional questions, please visit the FAQ or email us at writers@eHow.com.
The eHow Team