Thanks a lot Google

I realized something weird was going on the other day with my page views on Associated Content and similar sites.  But, since I am not one of those writers who obsess over SEO and page view numbers daily, I just kept writing and didn't give it much attention. 

This morning, however, I made the realization that I have been fired by Google.

Perhaps that is a bit dramatic.  After all, Google never employed me. I am a self employed content writer who writes for several websites.  Some of them pay me decent pay for articles, some pay me whenever my article is read.  That monthly paycheck (commission from my writings) has been nothing to sneeze at.  I have been writing content for several years, and so I get a decent commission check. 

I mean, who doesn't appreciate passive income.  It's the kind of thing America was built on wasn't it.  Put the work in once, and keep getting paid. 

But now, with the new Google Algorithms put in place a couple of days ago, I fear my passive income may be gone forever.  It really kinda sucks because I have never slanted my articles in a way that would manipulate them in a Google search.  I write them how I speak... like I am writing this very blog post.  But, because my main source of income has a gazillion other writers who do write for page rank, or just write poorly, I am in essence fired.

I'm really mad at Google, but you've got to appreciate the irony.  My blog views may very well go up because of this.  My residual income will come back in other ways...  The most ironic part is that I am writing this on  a Google owned blog site right now, and most of my money that will now be cut off has come in the form of Google adsense.

Harump!

ps.  Yes, I did just change the name of my blog.

I thought Notes from a Content writer, would better go with my other blog, Notes from a Homeschooling Mom.

Take care.

© WWW.AHERMITT.COM