Scrubs are a wonderful invention

My kids are off at an arts competition this week.  I slipped a couple pairs of scrubs in their suitcase.  As they are staying on a college dorm, it is important that they can sleep in something that is comfortable, but that also don't mind others seeing them in.

Me, I'm sick this week, and am also enjoying my favorite pair of scrubs so I can slink about the house in comfy coziness, and still be dressed enough to walk the dogs and run to the store.  I never feel self conscious in scrubs even when the cashier at the supermarket asks "long day at work?".  I just smile and say yes, knowing that I am not the doctor or nurse that I appear to be, just luxuriating in my favorite casual outfit.

I realize scrubs weren't created for slugs like me.  But when you work from home, and teach your kids at home, sometimes a wool skirt and silk blouse are out of line, and scrubs are so fashionable these days that I can leave my yoga pants for yoga.

And then there's the price.  It is so easy to find them for a good price, and kids scrubs are just dirt cheap. I've even gotten my husband in on the scrubs band-wagon.  Even his uber stylish shelf can't resist these http://www.blueskyscrubs.com/categories/Scrubs/Scrubs-for-Men/ . They are the perfect weekend wardrobe.






© WWW.AHERMITT.COM