Discount Shopping in Advance of Need

You'd think that because my finances are no longer strained that I would let up on some of my tightwad-ery. Instead, I find myself spending more time and effort looking for bargains.  For example, once you spend a year or too shopping at Ross Stores and still dressing well, walking into Nordstroms  just doesn't sit well.  The prices seem obscene, and the clothes are of no better quality.

I have also learned that regular bargain shopping, can actually be cost effective.  This doesn't mean buying every. single. thing. that is on sale, but regularly looking through sale flyers and websites like nomorerack.com for items that I know I will need in the next six months, and buying them now while they are one sale.

This takes time and planning, but it's not that hard to anticipate future needs.  Right now I know that there is a shopping list as long as my arm for items my son will need for college the fall.  I can also anticipate the need for new winter boots and a new winter coat for my daughter, not to mention a swim suit, and the usual regular clothing and accessory purchases. By trolling the short term online discounts every morning, I have been able to snag items that I would need in the foreseeable future for pennies on the dollar.  It doesn't hurt that I can do all of this while shopping at home.

 © WWW.AHERMITT.COM