Content writing to pay for college

Saving for CollegeMy content writing has come to a complete full stop in the past two months.

Reason 1 is that since that Google Panda update a year ago, content writing has become less fun...and profitable, but things are looking up.

Reason 2 is that I am on my last year homeschooling my son and I have been giving him and my daughter (who will graduate next year) a lot more attention.  So, I have been so focused on my baby, i.e. The Gentle Giant, i.e. Tall, Dark, and Handsome, will be going to college.  The college search within itself has been quite the time-sucker.  We searched for colleges all the way from South Carolina to Alabama.  It is a good thing he decided to stay close to home or we would still be looking.

It is very interesting that the college that has been first on my son's list for his ENTIRE high school career, ended up at the bottom of the list when it came time to make a final decision.  It turns out that while a college may have a great reputation as an art school, if it is 10,000 more than everyone else, there is one strike against them.  Also, if their merit scholarships are 1/2 of what other schools offer, that's another strike against them.

In the end, my son chose a college that was not only a good financial fit, but actually had better competition stats than the school that was supposed to be the best in his future field.  In addition to that, he is also getting a liberal arts education... thank goodness.  Balance is good.

Of course once the selection was made, it came time to iron out finances, qualifying for grants and getting financial aid (loans) and such. In the end, it means I need to get back to writing.