We are slaves of the internet, aren't we?


People who would consider it a bizarre breach of conduct to expect anyone to give them a haircut or a can of soda at no cost will ask you, with a straight face and a clear conscience, whether you wouldn’t be willing to write an essay or draw an illustration for them for nothing. 

When I started writing web content back in 1999, I got paid an amount that I thought was extremely fair for a new writer.  I could not believe my luck.  But now with more than 10 years experience in my back pocket, I feel guilty asking for that very same price per word count.  But what other industry in the world pays you less over time? 

Writers are so abused!  Artists are abused even more.  And I am 50% of one and half of the other.  Go figure.  

Anyway, enjoy this excellent article for which I doubt the writer was properly compensated. 






© WWW.AHERMITT.COM